Friday, April 22, 2005

Who pays $600 for Jeans?

Interesting article in the NY Times today regarding "Luxury" or "Premium" denim. Definately worth a read and very topical. Especially topical for me as I am on the hunt for a new pair of jeans. I normally wear 501's and have scoured for years to find a good selection of Vintage Levi's but I'm looking for a change and with the numerous denim labels around at the moment it's making my decision a little harder than I'd expected.

If you don't have access to the NY Times online, scroll to the bottom of this Supertalk thread to find an uploaded version of the article.

And if anyone can recommend a pair of Jeans for me to try - feel free to drop me a line.

Slam.inc@gmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you checked out One True Saxon's range? A lot people me included swear by em...

The first few ranges made in HK were better though, think the production has moved to china now

Slam said...

thanks Offbeat.. haven't seen any One True saxon stuf for a few years infact - I'll check it out...

xymon said...

u can go along with Rogan, 45RPM, Denime, for some very nice washes

i love the vintage 501s, but have always hesitated splurging on the LVC's...anyone with some hookups?